For those of you in Houston and South Texas, please come out and see me at my upcoming book signing this weekend:
February 11th @2:00 PM
Borders – Meyerland
In addition, I’ll be making an appearance at the University of Oklahoma at the end of the month (Feb 27th @7:00 PM, additional details to come at a later date).
I wish I had more time to list some of the things going on with me, but being that I have to get up early for a series of meetings and workshops tomorrow (I’m in Fort Worth for the next 2 days), I leave you all with 10 random thoughts of the day:
1) Cynthia Leitich Smith has a great (and newly redesigned) site.
2) I hate waiting to hear back from potential literary agents. I wonder if they’re aware of how much they torture us.
3) The NFL is starting to get a little ridiculous with their censorship issues. They blotted out a few lyrics from the Stones, but they show Seahawks Cheerleaders and Go Daddy Commercials?
4) I’m sick and tired of hearing about Jerome Bettis, and I’m sick of hearing played-out one-liners featuring some reference to “The Bus.”
5) I love hotel beds.
6) I still have to get Mrs. V a gift for Valentine’s Day. I hope she likes black, lacy clothes.
7) According to my father, eating cold poultry products will give you worms.
8) Coretta Scott King was a phenomenal woman.
9) Does anyone give a damn about the Winter Olympics anymore?
10) I really wish I could find more time to write.
Thanks, Varian! Good luck with your upcoming events!
I’m impressed with your knowledge of the use between “a” and “an,” as in “an newly redesigned”