15 things that were on my mind this morning:
1) No matter how much people want to deny it, race is still an issue in the United States. Just ask anyone in Jena, Louisiana.
2) I wonder if people will think I wrote a pro-abortion book. I wonder if people will think I wrote an anti-abortion book. I wonder if anyone will really care.
3) Who am I going to put in my fantasy football line-up now that Steven Jackson is hurt?
4) Who am I kidding–I don’t have time for fantasy football. I don’t even have time to mow the yard.
5) Oklahoma lost, but at least not as badly as Texas.
6) I’m really digging this new Jill Scott cd. Not as good as some of her old stuff, but still pretty solid.
7) Why can’t I finish Righteous? It’s been like, two years since I started it.
8) That being said, do you ever get the feeling that something’s going to be really good, once you finish it? That’s the feeling I get every time I work on Righteous. I promise, whenever I’m able to get it out there, it’ll be worth the wait.
9) What the hell am I going to work on next semester?
10) How much sleep will I be able to get this month?
11) If you haven’t read Story of a Girl yet, you should run to your nearest bookstore and buy it today.
12) I got a letter from Freeman’s XO a few weeks ago. It kind of depressed me, but only for a little while. I wonder if that’s a good or a bad thing.
13) Is it vain of me to say that I think My Life as a Rhombus is a really good book?
14) I worry a lot about my Vermont College classmates. I hope they’ll all be back next semester.
15) I spend way too much time thinking about things that I can’t control.
That was a funny post. Yes, you can say that you think Rhombus is a good book, because it’s a great book. You might ruffle a few feathers with the abortion issue, but that’s a good thing, right? Relax, have fun, and enjoy Righteous. It will be great too.